Asbury Park Little League field renovations to be  meeting topic
By _Nancy Shields_ (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])  •  COASTAL MONMOUTH BUREAU •
January 24, 2008

    *   _Read  Comments(1)_
(http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080124/NEWS/80124045#pluckcomments)

    *   _Recommend (1)_ (javascript:void('Recommend'))
    *   _Print  this page_
(javascript:NewWindow(600,800,'/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080124/NEWS/80124045&template=printart');)

    *   _E-mail  this article_
(javascript:NewWindow(300,400,'/apps/pbcs.dll/section?template=Xsendmailpopup&GPUBDATE=200801241300&GCATID=NEWS&GARTNO=801240
45&GTITLE=Asbury Park Little League field renovations to be meeting topic');)

    *   Share this article:
    *   _Del.icio.us_ (http://del.icio.us/post?v=2)
    *   _Facebook_ (http://www.facebook.com/share.php)
    *   _Digg_ (http://digg.com/submit?phase=2)
    *   _Reddit_ (http://reddit.com/submit)
    *   _Newsvine_ (http://www.newsvine.com/_tools/seed)
    *   _What’s  this?_
(javascript:NewWindow(200,200,'/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=socialbookmarkshelp');)

(http://gcirm.injersey.gcion.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/nj-neptune.app.injersey.com/news/article.htm/152977992/ArticleFlex_1/OasDefault/APP_JSMPromo300
X250/moms_300.gif/34303063373434383437393934366430)

ASBURY PARK — Last month's controversy over the Asbury Park  Little League's
field renovations on the high school grounds flared up again at  a Board of
Education meeting Wednesday night, and board member Garrett Giberson  said
today
he plans to settle the matter once and for all.
"We're having an emergency building and grounds meeting today at 4 p.m., and
I've advised attorneys and administrators that God help them if they don't
come  prepared today,'' Giberson said. ""'ve also advised them that we will
resolve  this matter even if we have to sit there until midnight.''

The latest  flap is over an access agreement that Danny McKee, president of
the Little  League, just learned about and does not want to sign.

Giberson, chairman  of the building and grounds committee, said he only
learned of the agreement  Wednesday and that the language has to be changed or
tweaked to make it  agreeable to the Little League and the school district.

"We will make  adjustments where they are allowed,'' Giberson said. "Everyone
will leave today  happy.''

''I've also advised the administration and board counsel that I  do not want
to hear anymore about it,'' he said. "I don't want to hear the issue  brought
up again unless there's a sink hole swallowing up the Little League  field.
I've had it. I've had it.''

The Little League the past two years  raised more than $200,000 to renovate
what had been a worn-out, flood-prone  field but ran into problems with the
district administration when the league  began such previously approved major
renovations as installing field lights and  building dugouts and a small field
house.

The district owns the field.  The league shares it with the high school's
girl softball team.

Giberson  said the controversy over the access agreement was unnecessary
Wednesday  night.

"What aggravates me the most, not only as a board member but as a  taxpayer
of the city, is that these administrators and attorneys get paid  exorbitant
amounts of money, and they're not doing their job,'' he said. "That's  waste.
That's waste to me.''

48)