arcman210" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  e:>

Lets destroy the Circus Drive In
> while we're at it. And the Roadside Diner.

Both continue to do good business, especially the  latter.
January 30, 2008    Overhaul, Make It a  Venti
_http://tinyurl.com/2tbj3b_ (http://tinyurl.com/2tbj3b)

When a _Starbucks_
(http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/starbucks_corporation/index.html?inline=nyt-org)
  moved in next door, the coffee
fanatics  who run the Broadway Cafe trembled. Sure, they roasted their own
beans and  served up handmade espresso drinks to a loyal clientele. But would
it
be  enough to fight off a corporate behemoth?
That was nearly 10 years ago, and now the results are in:  the Starbucks is
about to shut down. The store had a funereal air the other  day as a handful of
loyal customers sipped beverages and jotted goodbye  notes in what amounted
to a book of condolences.
Next door, the Broadway Cafe was bustling. “You win  because of the coffee,”
said Jon Cates, one of the owners.
After more than a decade of sensational buzz, Starbucks is  struggling:  “It’
s lost its mom-and-pop home-away-from-home  feel. It feels more corporate now.
”
The Broadway Cafe: “We are not doing anything  revolutionary here,” Ms.
Honan said. “Coffee, and food that goes well with  coffee.”

48)