> How come the lots weren't opened this weekend?
>
> Tough to find parking - especially if you just wanted to run and get
> something on the BW.
> Almost had a spot yesterday in front of McCloones around 4:30 - one of
> those big black suvs with NY personalized plates and a london paris
> asbury sticker almost backed into me.
>
> It took me a few minutes to think want those letters stood for.
>
> Somehow Dan must have a reserved spot.

That was my wife driving. But a coincidence. I am recuperting after
breaking my nose on 6/28 on a boogie board. That led into 3 days later
not being able to walk and 2 trips to JSUMC, the last visit required a
1 week stay. Both trips were by the fantastic AP ambulance. The broken
nose led to a staph infection in my blood and going septic (lessen
never to wash wound in the ocean), with the infection settling in my
hips.  I was released last week with a pic line in my arm needing to
give myself IV antibiotics 3 times a day for 4 weeks.

I can walk somewhat with the help of two canes. So I have a handicap
permit and we get lucky enough to find the last open handicap parking
spot in front of the Salt Water Cafe.

We return to the spot later in the day and I find a ticket that says
IMPROPER PARKING. We take a picture of the car to show it is parked in
space #94 a handicapped space and the permit in my windshield. BTW to
the south of my spot is a black cadillac with a handicap permit parked
not in a handicap space but the loading zone to my space. It has NJ
plates and NO TICKET. To the north of my (legal) space is a black
Porsche Cayenne and two other vehicles parked in in-valid spaces (no
spaces at all but part of the buffer zone to the curb cut to CH). All
have NJ plates, handicap permits and NO TICKETS.

I find the officer who ticketed me and ask him why. He said because I
was in the loading zone and not the handicap space. I say look at the
photo. He says sorry but nothing he can do now.

So what am I to think? I am legally parked in the handicap spot with a
valid permit but have NY PLATES and am ticketed. 3-4 other vehicles
adjacent to me are parked illegally, have handicap permits and NJ
plates and are NOT TICKETED.

I see only two possibilities - 1) officer's judgment is seriously
compromised to call his ability into question or 2) needed to write a
summons and figured someone with NY plates probably wouldn't waste the
time to contest it.

Sorry my wife almost backed into you.