From: Jennifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 5, 2008 5:15:45 PM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Note to Paul Vail

No. I did not call their evangelism offensive. I was offended that
the mission was not offering shelter unless homeless men converted to
their faith. That is more like the crusades or the Spanish
inquisition than evangelism. I think forcing your faith on people is
wrong. That is my opinion. I think not helping people who need help
unless they join your faith is inexcusable.

There are many fine programs run by faith based groups that help all
people who need them. If that were the case here then the group's
faith would have never entered my conversation or thoughts.

If you read my post again then you might see that the turning out of
those who did not convert without help or referrals lead to a safety
issue. This was not a simple issue. There were many concerns about
the practices of the mission. Their faith was not the issue it was
their practice of truly helping only those who embraced it.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "justifiedright"
<justifiedright@ ...> wrote:

> Jennifer's comment below makes it even worse.
>
> She calls their evangelism "offensive."
>
> Paul Vail reads this board, and he ought to speak up and clarify
this
> quickly.
>
> SUFA was supposed to be about safty, not condemning anyone's
religion.

> What's the story, Paul?
>

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com, "Jennifer" <jennifernjca@ >
> wrote:
> >
> > Tommy,
> > It wasn't a fight against any religion per se. What I believe
Paul