I can completely understand the reaction to moderate due to the heated
back and forth that can happen on boards like this.

however, it puts such an added disconnect between people.  email and
posting is already disconnected.  it has taken me years to realize how
un-ideal electronic communication is.  i have gotten into lots of
trouble and it just doesn't happen that much to me in more personal
communication.  well it does happen but its different.

we are adults, we need to take things less seriously and kindly call
one another out on ugly or mean behavior. (that does not include
passionate disagreements)  but we also NEED to be free to express
without the interference of a moderator.

my sense of this board is that there is a genuine fondness among the
people who post.  and respect.  human beings swarm in chaos most of
the time.  its fun when its all love and happiness, but we got a lot
of shit to work out with one another.

please resist the impulse to moderate.  we've got enough control of
expression and discourse going in this country.