Your hero Bruce Springsteen. It is a pity you don't listen to what he ahs to
say. He has never said anything positive about AP except get out and get out he
did.

--- On Tue, 10/7/08, Jersey Shore John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Jersey Shore John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [AsburyPark] Stand Up and Sing
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 12:23 PM

"On Saturday, Bruce Springsteen kicked off three days of Vote For
Change concerts on behalf of Barack Obama with a powerful acoustic
set that drew estimated 50,000 to the Ben Franklin Parkway in
Philadelphia. Cutting a distinctly Woody Guthriesque profile in
rolled up flannel, denim and tousled hair, Springsteen stood atop a
30 foot high stage emblazoned with the word “CHANGE” and belted out a
seven-song, 45 minute acoustic set as a gift for Obama volunteers and
a catalyst for the disengaged to register to vote. Plenty of people
heard the call — according to the Obama campaign, some 21,000 new
voters were registered as a result of the event.

http://tinyurl.com/4mg546

“I’m not Barack Obama, but I’ll do my best,” said Springsteen, before
wheezing his harmonica like an angry freight train launching into a
tense, jingle-jangle reading of “The Promised Land,” his 1978
affirmation of faith in the ideal American in a time of dwindling
opportunity and diminished expectations.

Four songs later — including a like-minded “The Ghost Of Tom Joad,”
the obligatory “Thunder Road” and the rarely-heard “Does This Bus
Stop At 82nd Street?” — Bruce spoke humbly about why he believes in
Barack Obama. “I’ve spent most of my creative life measuring the
distance between that American promise and American reality. The
distance between that promise and that reality has never been greater
or more painful. I believe Senator Obama has taken the measure of
that distance in his own life and in his work. I believe as
president, he would work to restore that promise to so many of our
fellow citizens who have justifiably lost faith in its meaning.”

After a mournful rendition of Woody Guthrie’s “This Land Is Your
Land,” Springsteen sent the people back out onto the streets with
marching orders to take their country back from “those who who would
sell it down the river for a quick buck.”