Hi Listmates,

   Just a last minute reminder that if you'd like to attend the Friday
night screening of "Last Call at Maud's", I'd appreciate an e-mail
back at [EMAIL PROTECTED] since our seating is very limited.

     In honor of Women's Arts Month, the Stephen Crane House (508 4th
Avenue) will present the screening tomorrow, Friday, October 24, at
7:30 PM.  The film (1993, 77 min.) is a moving documentary about the
popular San Francisco women's bar which closed its doors in 1989 after
23 years. It also chronicles the fascinating bar scene and "secret
sorority" from the 1940's until the recent past.

     The film is courtesy of our listmate Mario who suggested that it
would be the springboard for a nice get-together and discussion about
Asbury Park's own long history of diversity where our community has
felt so much at home. Carol Torre, who has been a longtime resident
and business owner here, will be on hand to assist us in taking part
in the discussion to accompany the film..

    There is no donation required, but any and all proceeds will go
to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. (If anyone wishes to
make a contribution, she or he may make out checks to that excellent
organization or make a cash donation if desired.)

     Complimentary refreshments will be served.

                                   Thanks!

                                      Frank D'Alessandro
                                      c/0 Crane House
                                      508 4th Ave.