I have witnessed both sides dip into the ridiculous to defend their
position or attack the other. Not sure why we do this, do we take
ourselves way too seriously?

Just watched the Obamercial. Pretty silly and created to evoke emotion
and all the other feelings that propagandists count on manipulating us
with. Lots of sad needy people hoping for someone to save them. A
woman crying poor who obviously wasn't thinking about how much money
it costs to raise kids while she was doing the horizontal bop without
birth control a few times too many. Union people who were counting on
a guarantee in a world without them, never encouraged by others or
their own self to diversify their skills or dip into their own unique
talents.

Yeah the Republicans are seemingly more pathetic this time around,
probably because they gave up on being republican some time ago and
dipped in to the reptilian brain with their palin pick knowing white
men would pop a rod for her and forget she is stupid, insincere and a
mediocre mother. (they have you in the bag tommy) I for one am looking
forward to watching the Palin porno, so its not a total loss for me.

At the end of a day filled with passionate back and forth I offer the
wisdom of a dead comedian gutsier than Carlin. It's only a Ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95kX_EP2Nk&feature=related