Even if JR were 100% right....
Even if he and I were to disagree till kingdom come....

The reality in Asbury Park is that

1) among the residents, there is no groundswell against the city's
participation in a secular Kwanzaa;

2) among the residents, there is no outcry against our merchants' use of  the
all-inclusive "holidays;

3) among the residents, the minority view about the Columbus story remains
just that, a minority view.

The reality in Asbury Park is the struggle to weather this global fiscal
crisis.
No need to harass the city or the chamber of commerce with esoteric issues
about holidays and holy days.

Unless it's just argument for the sake of argument.

"For most adults, the sensation of being proved right is usually a complex
and bittersweet one. You might have said that your brother-in-law would turn
out  to be a no-goodnik, or that the forty-third President would turn out to be
the  worst in American history, and you may regard subsequent events as
inarguable  proof that you were right--but it's not an especially happy
feeling. It
changes nothing about the world outside your head. You were right.
Congratulations. And?"

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/atlarge/2008/11/10/081110crat_atlarge_la
nchester

The rest of the article applies the above to the world of finance.

Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)