--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > ==========================
>
> An AP version?  No thanks.
>

> "With a Hollywood clientele, Lewis is the glitziest member of the
speculator
> class that swarmed the market during the boom, figuring it could
make  a fast
> buck on any property. The rapid-fire purchases of speculators
helped spur
> housing to unsustainable heights...."

But it happened here... without alot of glamor. I think I read 2005
showed 425,000 speculator purchased homes, last year 40,000.

I'm sure those nunmbers are far, far off but does show the guts of
the problem.

It belongs with all the other "get rich" shows.
I'd call it the "Hard work show".

It's where you and you're partner (friend (boy/girl), spouse,
signifigant other etc...) buy an old house for yourself and learn how
to paint and everything else YOURSELF. Where there are no product
placements or ads...where you sleep in the kitchen because you have
no bedroom floor or ceiling and you don't have the money to finish...
where you get stuck on a ladder 20 feet up cause or scared to death
with a hammer in your hand...