Sure does!  Hope that springs, that is!  That whole recent episode on
Mary Magdalene, continues to make me question, just what is
Catholicism and why the hell am I so confused?  My faith is one that I
never questioned until REAL life set in.  Here, in Asbury Park, there
were no less than four Catholic Churches, all within walking distance.
 I moved to Neptune from So. Belmar, where I was a member of St.
Rose's Parish.  The other other Catholic Church's were those I read
about in the newspaper, the Press, which was in Asbury at the time.

I first banked at the old Belmar-Wall Bank, on 19th Ave., which was
convenient, but to give myself an excuse to come into Asbury Park, I
switched to First Merchants in Press Plaza, next to the Press!  I
lunched at the little Press Box restaurant, so tiny, you needed a
crowbar to extract yourself from the 2 booths in there.  I was 6
months pregnant and as big as a house!

Asbury Park was cleaning up after the riot that had devastated the
place.  I imagined Asbury Park to be much bigger than it actually was
and natives took me around to show me places that used to be the "in"
places to be, at the time.  The cleanup is reminiscent of how long
it's taking since Katrina.  S-l-ooo-w!  30 plus years and counting!
Redevelopment has been one huge mess, mismanaged by every
administration, since I arrived here, now some 38 years!

How's that?  I've learned that when money and politics are involved,
you'll get a literal tug of war, with everybody taking credit for the
pluses and none for the minuses.  I was in my late 20's and now I'm in
my 60's!  A lifetime!  I should be pessimistic, but hope springs
eternal!  Naive?  You bet, but I see this generation acting much
faster than mine!

I hated politics and politicians, because they gum up everything!
I've watched over the years, how politics work and it isn't pretty.
It's easy to play the blame game, but I wish, just once that something
will come of this one.  Dare I hope?