A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

a.k.a.  “Thanksgiving in Asbury Park”   ;-)

Tonight at 8:00 on ABC

==================================

Charlie Brown: We've got ANOTHER holiday to worry about. It seems
Thanksgiving Day is upon us.

Sally Brown: I haven't even finished eating all of my Halloween candy.

Linus: Blah.

[after singing "Over the River and Through the Woods to Grandmother's House
We Go."]

Charlie Brown: Well, there's only one thing wrong with that. My grandmother
lives in a condominium.

Sally Brown:  I went down to buy a turkey tree and all they have are  things
for Christmas. Anyway, why should I give thanks on Thanksgiving? What  have I
got to be thankful for? All it does is make more work for us at school.

Peppermint Patty: What kind of Thanksgiving dinner is this? Where's the
turkey, Chuck? Don't you know anything about Thanksgiving dinners? Where's the
mashed potatoes? Where's the cranberry sauce? Where's the pumpkin pie?

Marcie: Those early Pilgrims were thankful for what had happened to them,
and we should be thankful, too. We should just be thankful for being  together.

Sally Brown: Do you know what they want us to do? They want us to write an
essay on Stanley Miles.

Charlie Brown: Don't you mean Miles Standish?

Sally Brown: I can't be expected to remember all those names.

Lucy:  [holding football] Oh, Charlie Brown! Charlie Brown!

Charlie Brown: She must think I'm the stupidest person alive.

Lucy: I'll hold the ball and you run up and kick it.

Charlie Brown: Hold it? Ha! You'll just pull it away and I'll fall flat on
my back and kill myself.

Lucy: I wouldn't do that. It's Thanksgiving. One of our most cherished
traditions is the Thanksgiving football game.

Charlie Brown: Gee, I guess if it is a tradition, it would be an honor. She
wouldn't pull it away if it is a tradition. This time I'm gonna kick that ball
 clear to the moon!
[he runs to kick the ball, but Lucy pulls it away]

Charlie Brown:  Aaauuugh! [falls flat on his back]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068359/quotes