I think Werner is the perfect source.  Unless I read it in the
newspaper or see it here, I had generally lost interest until this
past Spring and summer and to my surprise, I saw "spruced up"
improvements, over all, which is not to say, improvements haven't been
made.

I didn't take into account infrastructure improvements like plumbing,
retooling, refitting, etc.  The new shops are okay, but this is not
the East Village, although, it reminds me of it.  Cookman Ave. is
where I've seen the MOST improvements.  The small businesses and
restaurants are the draw for me.  I'm past the age of wanting to blow
glass, buy overpriced tees and designer clothes that are just
"labels", but for the young, "Label wearing" is still THE thing!

Yep!  Werner, Hinge and Mario are the best sources IMHO.  Although
there are other female posters who know, but don't post that often, so
the aforementioned 3, including Asbury Cheech would be the best
sources.  They attend those council meetings, which I now refuse to
attend.  I swear, if I showed up, they'd start whispering that a
"conspiracy" is in the making!