In a message dated 12/6/2008 8:20:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

You  forgot the April 2005 issue where I was in his headline and tarred
and  feathered as a carpetbagger.

====================

Mea maxima culpa.   Too many Outrages to list (Outrage against  the
Clearwater Festival here, Outrage and Belittlement for those who  objected to
Vick's
dogfighting, et al.).  Apparently like the mercurial  Mercutio's curse,  a
"Plague" on all our houses. So you're in good  company.

But I do remember when you called into Maureen's radio program to ask him a
question (which he dodged with, "I know him. He doesn't like me.")

Today, "carpetbaggers" can have a positive connotation: "Many carpetbaggers
were involved in corrupt financial schemes, but others helped rebuild the
economy in the South and participated in educational and social reform."