Isn't this a symptom of a cultures reliance on a consumer mentality?
America is all about money. We worship it more then we worship our own history.
It also may be the case that American's care less about historic buildings then
they used to
because our entertainment choices are moving more toward passive stay at home
thing.
Our youth is happier online then in the real world.
I saw results from a poll yesterday that showed about half of us would rather
give up sex
then the internet.
I recently got the current issue of "Weird NJ" and there was a depressing
article about the
current fate of Waterloo Village, which is very similar to Allaire State Park.
It's currently
rotting away and abandoned since last year, because of NJ budget cuts.