Nice thought, but the thing about living here, is WE have to worry,
since a 13M deficit, will result in loss of some services.  I just
hate it, when someone posts that we shouldn't worry about how Asbury
Park looks, just "fiddle" while Rome burns, huh?

If you don't live here, please keep your "cheeky" little criticism to
yourself!  If you want to visit, just visit and don't come down or up
here, with a pen and pad, to note what you don't like about this town.
 It's bad enough, when we ourselves KNOW what SHOULD have been done,
was illegal to have been done, taking liberties with property you
DON'T own, just because you "developed" a portion of the City.  Nobody
elected YOU, Mr. Developer, so please heed the laws like everybody else!

Some of us DO frequent the restaurants, shops and what have you, but
there are those who just can't afford the high priced drinks and what
passes for food!  I'm not one of them, but I sometimes feel like I'm
being "fleeced" at the door, so I go elsewhere!  A woman's perogative.
Some of you "snotty" nosed, corporate types, won't be able to afford
it either when you retire!  No, I don't go to those "early bird"
senior places, yet!

I found myself in a modest priced restaurant one day and the waitress
asked , "do you want the senior special"?  I looked puzzled at my
spouse, wondering what the waitress was talking about, then she
realized, I didn't either and explained that on Wednesday, Seniors get
a discount!

Yep, it was Wednesday and I didn't know these "deals" existed!  I
began paying attention in restaurants since my hair IS gray!  I hadn't
really thought of myself as a Senior until that moment.  Oh well!
Anyway, Asbury Park USED to be affordable to any income.  It no longer
is, so for those of us who have 10 plus years invested in calling this
place, home, I hope you see the point I'm making.

If AP keeps pricing out long-timers, the economy will force many of us
to leave and then you bottomless pits of money can have the place, to
yourself!  So what happened to the 1st Ave. Pavilion, that USED to be
the Senior Center?  Inquiring minds want to know!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, marioa...@... wrote:

> And if you can't afford any art, try some coffee at Asbury Park
Roastery.