Soft content?  Some of it is downright insulting, IMHO!  They are even
"caustic", if they consider you, the "enemy"!  I've seen TCN go after
some individuals, like a vendetta!  I have to agree with the ad
content.  I remember when the Coaster was free, then was a quarter and
I forget what it costs now.

I find the Coaster to be an "alternative" newspaper to the Press and
the TCN, which when it began was REALLY good, especially during
political campaigns, to being a "gotcha" critic and sometime feisty,
like I said to its' perceived enemies.  If they don't like you, they
go after you with a vengeance!  Not the 1st alternative that used
expletives either!  Over all, they've "stuck" it to City Hall and the
so-called "developers", who have done this City in with their "carrot"
antics and the City has swallowed their lies!  TCN tells it like it is!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, marioa...@... wrote:

> In a message dated 12/23/2008 3:40:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> dfsav...@... writes:
>

> As I  said, the Pennysaver. Is that just a NY term?
>
> ==============
>
> Nope:
>

> Excerpt:     Making a profitable penny saver  is a lot easier than
making a
> real, profitable news operation that serves its  community. It
sounds like the
> triCityNews exists to be a pleasant place for  local advertisers. It
has lots
> of ad space that is surrounded by soft, friendly  content.
>
> Even Carr admits that the triCityNews is ”boosterish.” Maybe it
even has
> some friendly content thrown in about frequent advertisers.
> Good for the triCityNews for serving the advertisers of Ashbury
Park. Nothing

(http://patthorntonfiles.com/blog/2008/12/23/does-tricitynews-produce-news-or-just-ad-space/)