In a message dated 1/2/2009 10:25:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
marioa...@aol.com writes:

This  "Fifteen Minutes of 'Dew' Fame" could not have been possible  without
DJ's WEB email to c...@nytimes.com, the NYT's presence on the  WEB  and other
news outlets and the media bloggers who picked up the   story from...the WEB.

So sorry to notice how few of the advertisers are  by Asbury Park  retailers.

=======================================

Asbury Park's retailer ads in this week's Coaster:

Moonstruck, Langosta Lounge, Rick's Auto Body, Watermark,

Coastal NJ Fence (100% female owned),  Asbury Park Pediatrics,

The Hardware Store, First Saturday, Mattison Park, Restaurant Plan B

Laila's, Frank's Deli, Home Drug Store, Main Liquors, Rimpee's,

S.S. The Spot, Sir Jean's, et al.

===========

In TCN:  Etc., APBoardwalk.com, Community Bank of AP, First Saturday,
Paradise, Mattison Park, ShelterHome, Twisted Tree, Revision Theater.

=================

NYT:   Why should we give our readers any incentive  whatsoever to not look
at our content along with our advertisements, a large  number of which are
beautiful and cheap full-page ads?"...Mr. Jacobson has built  a reliable cadre
of
advertisers who call for ads, sign up for full pages, and  pay in advance.
There are no people working for sales commissions....The low  cost of entry on
the advertising side means that almost anyone--a bar, a  retailer, a gym--can
afford a full-page ad, and the preponderance of them leads  to an
elegant-looking product...."I don't want anything that detracts from the  paper
and the
presence of those big, beautiful full-page ads."