Why couldn't they access it directly from the beach?  Seems simpler than
cutting holes in the boards...

Jenni

-----Original Message-----
From: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com [mailto:asburyp...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of asburyst...@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:00 PM
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [AsburyPark] Fwd: [AsburyParkGLH] Fire At FIFTH AND BOARDWALK TODAY

from the other list

____________________________________

To:  asburypark...@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 7/27/2010 7:42:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight  Time
Subj: [AsburyParkGLH] Fire At FIFTH AND BOARDWALK TODAY

Had a small fire under the boards at Fifth Avenue this evening. I am not
ruling out improperly discarded smoking materials as the cause. Thank
goodness  for the quick response of our fire department. This could have
been a
disaster  for the boardwalk. As you can see they had to cut several holes in

the  boardwalk to expose the underside to extinguish the fire and also to
gain
 access underneath.

Garrett Giberson