Interesting, thanks for posting.

Did anyone go inside during 2006 when it was open? Seems like if "extensive
renovations" were done in 2005-2006, that, in four years, it wouldn't have
fallen apart...

Cathryn.

>From the article:

During the two decades under then-owners Walter Burns and Maurice Roberson, the
theater opened intermittently starting in 1986. Developers Dennis Dubrow and
Patrick Fasano bought the theater in December 2005 and reopened it for the
summer after extensive renovations in July 2006. The following summer Fasano
and Dubrow sold it to the city’s master redeveloper.

The theater never opened again. Years of decay took its toll on the art deco
building that stood neglected and underutilized while the city limped along in
a stalled oceanfront redevelopment.

"I liked the Baronet because it was the oldest theater in town," Crawford said.
"It was just a nice comfortable theater."

The Baronet, Stine said, is one of many historically significant buildings the
city continues to lose to redevelopment and neglect. "This has been an ongoing
problem in the city for decades actually â€" demolition through neglect," Stine
said.