____________________________________
 From: tom.gilm...@cityofasburypark.com
To: asburyst...@aol.com
Sent:  12/30/2010 10:00:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Snow Emergency  Update

     Having trouble viewing this email? _Click here  _
(http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=7xgsl9dab&v=001SbPU0nO9dPDIzj-bZrvfo2_yR3s0YJ
XaYgnAz6VhncUjFGO96v779u1ycNv2KGxasiC5H6_1ADu8SUNsOG9cZ2WOpowDLNEGDscQYCU6SF
Y=)

Season's  Greetings from Asbury  Park:
SNOW EMERGENCY UPDATE  & CANCELLATIONS BELOW:
THE FOLLOWING IS A LETTER FROM  MAYOR JOHNSON:
Good morning!

We were out till 4am this  morning and are just getting up again to go out
to  start again. You are absolutely right, it has not been  easy. We had 30+
inches of snow on the ground with  snow drifts that cut our effective
plowing power in  half. The depth and weigh of the snow made it  necessary for
tractors to hit first then followed by  snow plows. I know as my own street
was just done late  yesterday. To make matters worse, we have cars that
jumped out on the road igorning the state of emergency  that shut down the
plowing operations several times.  This cost us more than a day to deal with.
Several  times I myself had to direct traffic on Asbury Avenue,  Main Street
and
several side streets where cars in  traffic had blocked in our snow plows
from all sides.  The State and County just arrived yesterday (over the  night
Tuesday into Wednesday) as did our towing  companies which hampered our
ability to get cars out  of the way so that we could plow Main Street.

These past few days have been  an absolute challenge every step of the way,
but thank  goodness our crews never gave up and kept going. I  wish every
street could have been first, but that was  not the case. This was not a
matter of not being out  there. It was a matter of where do you start and how
to work your way through traffic, abandon cars,  medical emergencies to get
to every street. Our crews  have been out there 24/7 since early Sunday
afternoon  and will continue to do so until we reach  everyone.

With regard to summons, it is  absolutely necessary as we now have cars
parked on the  snow routes blocking traffic and preventing the next  step of
plowing (widening the roads and getting down  to the blacktop). People have
parked their cars angled  into the traffic and plowing lanes and that can't
happen. Giving summons is never good, but giving  summons with no warning is
even worse.

Our messages to the community  have been very clear and present. Our 911
Reverse,  Website, Facebook and Greetings from Asbury Park have  been constant
and will continue to be forth coming. I  value the list as a great
resource, while I have not  had time to thoroughly read each message I have had
 the
opportunity to scroll through some messages - I  have seen both helpful
(Amy's maps and information  sharing), some very justified frustration and
concerns  and then some just outright nasty posts.  I look  forward to reading
through all of them once the  streets are cleared. That has to be my
continued  priority.

Ed

Mayor Ed  Johnson
P.O.  Box 1415
Asbury Park, New Jersey  07712
_mayorjohn...@verizon.net_ (mailto:mayorjohn...@verizon.net)
The Bouncing Souls concerts  for this week have been cancelled and will be
rescheduled in February.  Stay tuned.
Also, The Wings screening in  the Paramount on Saturday night has also been
 cancelled.
Please call all venues about  New Year's Eve's events to make sure they are
 still on.  Stay safe!

Wishes for a wonderful and  safe New Year's weekend,

Tom Gilmour
Director of Commerce and Good  Times

If you know anyone who would like  to receive these weekly email updates,
they may go to  the city's web site, _www.cityofasburypark.com_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=7xgsl9d
ab&et=1104163267423&s=278&e=001H1llG-8Fo2MfOXqLm-_l3N4MMPK1vDRHhMLAbd8z-VdWZL5XVM5mAVjFKmIeZL2U-pB8m00e28Ob8Vy1ibgIwIu4r2F5Unlvj
hlucc5kr7gDryFRKTspnULSUdpdsgjr)   and subscribe.
Tom Gilmour serves as the Director  of Commerce for the City of Asbury Park
and is  responsible for economic development, the APUEZ  (Asbury Park Urban
Enterprise Zone Program), special  events and film  permitting.

_Forward email_
(http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=7xgsl9dab&m=1103617399548&ea=asburyst...@aol.com&a=1104163267423)

(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001k-HQunxfgw0LgpLAdkuiPg==&se=001J9L40iahdWc=&t=001tQwiz_HKfd3o0ywHFXGoLg==&llr=7xgsl9dab)

This email was sent to asburyst...@aol.com by
_tom.gilm...@cityofasburypark.com_ (mailto:tom.gilm...@cityofasburypark.com) .
_Update Profile/Email Address_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001k-HQunxfgw0LgpLAdkuiPg==&se=001J9L40iahdWc=&t=001tQwiz_HKfd3o0ywHFXGoLg=
=&llr=7xgsl9dab)  |  Instant removal with _SafeUnsubscribe_
(http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001k-HQunxfgw0LgpLAdkuiPg==&se=001J9L40iahdWc=
&t=001tQwiz_HKfd3o0ywHFXGoLg==&llr=7xgsl9dab) ™ | _Privacy Policy_
(http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp) .
_Email Marketing_
(http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_Basic_206)  by
 (http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_Basic_206)
City of Asbury Park | One  Municipal Plaza | Asbury Park | NJ | 07712

Steve  Herman, Asbury Tower, 1701 Ocean  Ave