Ok, I have to say again. Yes, this is not Iraq, nor are we trapped in a mine or
suffering after Hurricane Katrina BUT just because our situation is not a
million other horrible situations that are obviously much worse is irrelevant.
The issue is simple. There is no comparing it to any other disaster or other
situation. We had a snow storm. We live in a state that gets snow storms
periodically. We have a right to ask why our town cannot handle snow removal
without thinking "Well, I wonder why my street is a mess four days after a
storm, but I shouldn't complain because at least I am not in a refugee camp in
central Africa." I drove today. AP is MUCH worse than any place else I drove. I
walked around with the dog a bit too and it was FREAKING INSANE. People walking
like zombies down the center of streets that are still snow covered on day 4.
Come on. Yes, this is not the black plague or a nuclear disaster, but that
doesn't mean we shouldn't complain about why our town can't seem to remove
snow. If we were hit by a giant tidal wave, I wouldn't ask the mayor why my
street was a mess, but this is snow. And snow that was from a storm that was
predicted DAYS in advance. Why was there no plan? Where were the plows?

I have an idea. People at the Jersey shore think we don't get snow. So, when we
do, it is a big shock. So, here is my advice. The next time the Weather channel
says that we may get a big snow storm, get the powers that be together in a
room and come up with an action plan before the first flake. And don't treat
the residents of AP like they don't matter.