So, tonight was the first Stone Pony outdoor show. I couldn't have been more
accurate with my prediction. Sold out show. Virtually all the spaces in front
on my block were empty. I live on the 200 block. But Bergh...packed. Who's on
Bergh? A mix of boardwalk employees and concert goers. 300 block, no place to
park. I come home to puke on my front lawn, and beer cans scattered throughout
my neighborhood. And I'm now required to pay to park in front of my house, yet
2 houses away, it's free, but that neighbor can't park in front of his house
because the people who don't want to pay to park are taking up all the spaces.
Does this seem fair to you? I'm being asked to pay to fill one of the empty
spaces in front of my home because other people are too cheap to pay for the
same space, while a neighbor just 100 feet away can't even park for free in
front of his house. I have 2 jobs, both in Asbury. Am I not already
contributing my fair share to this cities economy? I'm here 365 days a year for
the past 6 years. I spend lots of money in this city, yet somehow, it's not
enough. And some people on this message board call me a crybaby for observing
the obvious. Amazing.
What could have been done better? Easy, make the residential portions of the
200 block resident parking only. End of story. I wonder if the city would be
willing to reimburse me for cleaning up the puke on my lawn due to their crappy
plan?