From: "oakdorf" <oakd...@yahoo.com>
Sender: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 14:51:49
To: <AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [AsburyPark] Fireworks....

An observation.

First of all, we should thank those that sponsored the fireworks.

Some thoughts for next year:

 - Skip shooting them off in two places, unless it's on either side of CH.

 - Centralize the shoot, like 4th ave beach. Why?
 .more people get to sit on the beach and enjoy the show. nothing like laying
in the sand with your kids, girl or guy staring. Can't beat it. blocking off
the entire beach encourages people to leave sooner.

 - If you drove to AP last night and had a HARD TIME finding parking, you kind
of want to enjoy a show. Perhaps a show that would last more than 15 minutes.

 - Especially for those that came and paid $20 to park.

So - next year, maybe someone would think about one central staging area - and
making the show go on for 25 minutes or a longer.

More people. More happy people. Happy people have more time to spend more money
and more time on the meters....

Overall, a great weekend and I'm sure the meters were happy as well.