http://www.viveasburypark.com/

The height and density seem just about right for that lot size. They're
different and a nice fresh design for Asbury in my opinion.

Not sure how this project would violate the redevelopment plan guidelines,
though I haven't seen the site plan as to how these are layed out on the
site... street frontage or set back.  From the rendering it appears there is
some sort of set back from the street (with parking separating them)... but as
someone who does renders there's no way to know if that's just a rendering
technique to show the building, or the way it will actually be.