____________________________________
 From: r...@tristatestormwatch.com
To: asburyst...@aol.com
Sent: 2/6/2013  2:28:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Weather Update - February  6th

MAJOR NOR'EASTER LIKELY FRIDAY, FRIDAY  NIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING

HIGH WINDS FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH  SATURDAY MORNING
SNOW EARLY FRIDAY CHANGES TO HEAVY RAIN  AND THEN BACK TO HEAVY SNOW LATER
FRIDAY AND  CONTINUING INTO EARLY SATURDAY
SNOW ACCUMULATIONS HIGHLY DEPENDENT ON  LOCATION

WEDNESDAY - FEBRUARY  6TH

Major Nor'Easter headed this way for Friday  through Saturday morning

Forecast guidance has  trended stronger and colder with a more aggressive
phase of jet stream energy.  The European model  has led the way on this for
several days and with the  other guidance now signaling a big event, the
chance  of a big storm is now quite high.

What is  certain is high winds and a lot of  precipitation.  The big
challenge is  precipitation type, which is dependent on the timing  of transfer
from energy to our west to energy to our  south and east.  The quicker the
transfer, the  more frozen precipitation for the area.  Also, as  the upper
flow closes off, the storm will slow down  for a time later Friday night.  If
the surface  low pressure is close enough to the coastline when the  flow
closes off, snow will be prolonged into Saturday  morning

Best estimate right now is that light  snow breaks out around sunrise
Friday and changes to  rain everywhere except north and west of I-287.   During
the afternoon, as the coastal low takes over  and deepens, the rain/snow line
will move  southeast.  There will be an area of very heavy  precipitation
late Friday afternoon Friday night, so  it makes a big difference in snow
amounts when the  changeover occurs.

Snow for everyone Friday  night and early Saturday morning.

Confidence is  increasing that everyone in NJ north and east of the  AC
Expressway will see significant snow...including  NYC metro.  Its also worth
noting that most of  New England is going to get hammered by this storm  with
amounts of two feet + possible.

Northeast  winds will increase and be gusting from 40mph to 50mph  later
Friday and Friday night.  Will be  monitoring the potential for coastal
flooding Friday  night, but this will not be a major coastal flooding  event.

Skies will clear later  Saturday.

TUESDAY - FEBRUARY 5TH

Big  Nor'Easter/winter storm is on the way for  Friday.

Over the last few days, computer  forecast guidance has converged on the
idea of a big  coastal storm for Friday and Friday night.   Although some key
elements for a big winter storm are  present, there are also some things
working against  seeing a lot of snow for our area.  The strength  of the
storm, amount of precipitation and  precipitation type are all dependent on the
ultimate  strength and phasing of a piece of energy in the  northern jet with
energy in the southern jet  stream.  The northern energy will be moving
through northern Ohio and western New York State on  Thursday night.
Meanwhile southern stream energy  will be moving towards the Carolina coast.
Surface low pressure to our west will weaken and  redevelop off the Outer Banks
and deepen rapidly and  move toward Cape Cod on Friday and Friday  night.

The low to our west will transport warm  air into the region so initially
precipitation will  start as rain on Friday morning.  As the coastal  low
takes over, winds will switch to the north and  colder air will be drawn back
into the region.   This should change the rain to heavy wet snow...from
north to south across the state.  The amount of  snow will be dependent on the
ultimate track and time  of transfer to the coastal low, but even with the
precipitation starting as rain, there could be  significant amounts of snow
Friday afternoon and  Friday night.

Strong northeast winds will  accompany the storm.  There could be some
coastal  flooding at high tide, but the degree of flooding  should be held in
check due because winds will not be  due east and the storm will be a relative
quick  mover.

Will be fine tuning the forecast over  the next few days as we get closer
the  event.

© Tri-State Storm Watch. All rights  reserved.
If  you are unable to read this e-mail, please go to:
_http://www.tristatestormwatch.com/pages/forecast_
(http://www.tristatestormwatch.com/pages/forecast) .
Tri-State  Storm Watch 1234 Any Street Shark River Hills NJ USA
If you do not wish to  receive messages from us, _click  here_
(http://www.tristatestormwatch.com/livesite/unsubscribe.php?email_address=asburysteve@aol
.com) .

Steve  Herman, 610 Sewall  Ave