now we can get 6-12"

steve herman   610 sewall ave

____________________________________
 From: r...@tristatestormwatch.com
To: asburyst...@aol.com
Sent: 2/7/2013  3:09:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
Subj: Weather Update - 2/7 2PM -  Snowfall amounts revised upward

MAJOR NOR'EASTER LIKELY FRIDAY, FRIDAY  NIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING

HIGH WINDS FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH  SATURDAY MORNING
SNOW EARLY FRIDAY CHANGES TO MIX/RAIN  AND THEN CHANGES TO HEAVY SNOW LATER
FRIDAY AND  CONTINUING INTO EARLY SATURDAY
GUIDANCE CONTINUES TO BE MORE IMPRESSIVE  WITH THE STORM......FORECAST SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS  INCREASING

THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 7TH - 2PM  UPDATE

Forecast guidance continues to be more  impressive with the impending
Nor'Easter.   Stronger energy in both jet streams and favorable  phasing are
all
pointing towards a colder solution and  more precipitation for our area.

Precipitation will be moving in Friday morning  as snow or a mix along the
coast.  The change to  rain now looks to be only for a brief period north of
 I-78 and just outside of NYC.

The change to  rain will occur in central and south NJ and the change  back
to snow should still follow the times outlined  this morning...perhaps an
hour earlier.

Once  the rain changes to snow, the guidance is really  spitting out some
very intense snowfall rates tomorrow  night.  There may be several hours of 2
to 3 inch  snowfall rates along with heavy blowing and  drifting.

End time for the snow will still be a  couple of hours on either side of
sunrise on  Saturday.

The snowfall accumulations are  revised upward as follows:

Monmouth/northern  Ocean and the remainder of the northern half of NJ - 6
to 12 inches.

Northeast corner of NJ east of  I-287 and north of I-280 including all of
NYC - 12 to  18 inches

Southern Burlington/Southern  Ocean/Philly/North of AC Expressway - 4 to 8
inches

South of AC Expressway - 2 to 5  inches

THURSDAY - FEBRUARY 7TH

Big  coastal storm still on track for Friday through  Saturday morning.

Its time to get more specific  with timing and snow amounts.

Snow or a mix of  snow and sleet will begin in the early morning hours
between 5am and 8am.  This precipitation will not  be heavy and should not
cause much in the way of  problems for the morning rush hour.  As the day
progresses on Friday precipitation will change over to  plain rain, with the
exception being the area   north of I-80 where 1 to 2 inches of snow may
accumulate during the day on Friday.  Elsewhere,  there will be little or no
snow
accumulation during  the day on Friday

Winds will be on the increase  during the day on Friday, but again, during
the  daylight hours conditions will not be bad.  As we  approach late
afternoon and evening, any rain will be  changing to snow from west to east.
The
changeover is going to occur very close to the evening  rush hour,
particularly in northern NJ.  The  entire region should be snowing by 7pm or
8pm and
the  snow will become heavy, temperatures will fall back  into the 20s and
the winds will cause blowing and  drifting.

Travel during Friday night is  discouraged.

Snow will end a couple of hours  before sunset in the western part of
NJ/Philly and  just after sunrise in eastern NJ/NYC

South of  I-80 where the precipitation will be rain on Friday,  the
changeover to snow will occur from west to east  starting between 3pm and 5pm
and
making its way to the  coastline between 6pm and 8pm.

Here are the  estimated snow accumulations for Friday  night:

Monmouth/northern Ocean and the  remainder of the northern half of
NJ/southern sections  of NYC - 4 to 8 inches

Northeast corner of NJ  east of I-287 and north of I-280/northern and
eastern  sections of NYC - 8 to 12 inches

Southern  Burlington/Southern Ocean/Philly/north of the AC  Expressway - 2
to 5 inches

South of AC  Expressway - 1 to 3 inches

Winds will gust to  50mph Friday night.  Minor coastal flooding is  likely
overnight Friday.

Saturday will see  clearing skies with windy conditions in the morning,
slowly subsiding by afternoon.

Clear Sunday and  rain for Monday

Check back early this afternoon  for a quick update.

© Tri-State Storm Watch. All rights  reserved.
If  you are unable to read this e-mail, please go to:
_http://www.tristatestormwatch.com/pages/forecast_
(http://www.tristatestormwatch.com/pages/forecast) .
Tri-State  Storm Watch 1234 Any Street Shark River Hills NJ USA
If you do not wish to  receive messages from us, _click  here_
(http://www.tristatestormwatch.com/livesite/unsubscribe.php?email_address=asburysteve@aol
.com) .