like Madison Marquette is through business negotiation with a team of lawyers.
You have to make them an offer. Is it worth their while to stay and spend
money.......or go! That's it. I find it very curious that ever since this
council was re-elected in May of 2009.....Madison Marquette has done virtually
nothing. Now is that just coincidence or is there something else afoot? There
is no transparency in city hall and I believe this undercurrent of failed
cooperation with MM has actually been going on for years. I have my suspicions
that it has to do with certain social issues in the eyes of primarily Johnson
and Mottola, but that's just conjecture. What is not conjecture is the profound
failure of this council, plus City Manager and Commerce Director to move this
city forward. They are in completely over their heads trying to deal with
heavyweights like iStar and MM. Tweets and protest are a good start, but we
need a new direction from city hall. This is not working. Did anyone ever
think, in their lifetime, Convention Hall would be closed during the summer?
Its time to start pointing fingers. This is a dire situation.