Greetings Everyone:

First Saturday is one week away, and  we need to start filling up the First
Saturday Tab.   This is NOT  an ordinary First Saturday!

This First Saturday  theme is HOWL! In celebration of all things Halloween
& The New  Jersey Zombie Walk presented  by the Asbury Park Chamber of
Commerce. The New Jersey Zombie Walk was  conceived, organized and produced by
Jason Meehan in Asbury Park in the Fall of  2008

The Guinness world-record is on the line again  this year for the largest
gathering of zombies in the  world, thousands of visitors  come to Asbury
Park to participate  in/watch the gathering at  the boardwalk and parade
through the  downtown. This year the  theme for the Zombie Walk is 'The Jersey
Shore Lives' and  we have help from #STTS in regaining the world record! Don't
miss out on the excitement it brings to town. The Zombie Walk will be
heading downtown with an estimated arrival of 6 -  6:30pm. Press Plaza will be
hosting LIVE music again this year from 'So  Watt'  an energetic cover band
that LOVES  Asbury Park! We will also be presenting the Guinness World Record
at the kick-off of the  downtown  festivities.  The music lasts until
9:30pm.

For detailed info regarding the Zombie Walk (including the parade route
map) visit _  http://www.asburyparkchamber.com/festivals.asp_
(http://www.asburyparkchamber.com/festivals.asp)

As you can see the First Saturday tab on the Chamber website has been
Zombified!

The First Saturday tab on our website
(http://www.asburyparkchamber.com/firstsat.asp) is  THE MOST POPULAR guide for
fans of First Saturday & the
Zombie  Walk. Be sure to take a moment, be  creative and submit what's going on
at YOUR business this First Saturday.  Zombie-related promotions welcomed
and encouraged but not  required.

ONE minute of your time,  translates to over TWENTY THOUSAND  eyeballs
checking out the buzz about your place this  First Saturday - what else?

People continue to refer back to the First Saturday page  of our website
and First Saturday email blast ALL MONTH LONG! The Chamber  website has
170,000 page views each year and the First  Saturday tab ranks in the top five
pages! Here is the link to submit your First  Saturday event (sale, tasting,
exhibit opening, refreshments, live music and any  other creative promotion
you can think about. http://www.asburyparkchamber.com/fs_submit.asp

THIS IS FREE and open to anyone that is hosting a  happening/event on First
Saturday. The more listings we have the better the  results for all!

To those of you that have already sent in your posts, we  thank you. If you
need assistance, please send a note and we will help you with  your
posting.(whether it be for First Saturday or any event throughout  NJ)

Please make sure when you are submitting an event that  where it says
"First Saturday" that you click at the down arrow and choose the  proper date.
The same goes for the "area" : Downtown, Main Street,  Boardwalk". If you are
a member, your website  address will show in your posting. Please check the
First Saturday tab to see if  your event is already listed, as events are
posted from emails and Facebook  Events as well.

Email me at  _asburysteve@aol.com_ (mailto:asburyst...@aol.com)  for any
assistance  that is needed.

Steve  Herman
Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce