The failure isn't replicable to me, which bothers me some. I suspect it means that it's having side-effects in the file system that aren't entirely cleaned up. I'm eyeballing the test and it *does* affect the filesystem, and it does not remove the files (really symlinks) it creates. So ... potentially there could be insufficiently controlled side-effects that gave me a transient failure? I don't know. I suppose it's also possible that it does something with the filesystem that Jenkins isn't allowed to do, and that's why I got the Jenkins-only failure. But that explanation doesn't explain why I get failure only with Jenkins *and* MKCL.