On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Dalton, Barnaby wrote:

> Can anyone recommend an ASN compiler for parsing the UMTS/NBAP ASN files.
> Ideally the compiler should be able to produce c or c++ code that will
> encode/decode to PER. The initial platform will be MS Windows for testing,
> but the final target will probably be a DSP. The compiler needs to produce
> code suitable for both types of platform.
>
> There seem to be a lot of compilers out there, but which ones actually work
> with the UMTS ASN? I have tried a number of free/ open source compilers but
> they seem unable to correctly parse the files.

The OSS ASN.1 Tools for C, C++ and Java are widely used in implementing
the 3GPP protocols, including UMTS/NBAP.  Send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for
references and details.

Bancroft Scott                               Toll Free    :1-888-OSS-ASN1
OSS Nokalva                                  International:1-732-302-0750
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 Tech Support :1-732-302-9669 x-1
1-732-302-9669 x-200                         Fax          :1-732-302-0023