Hi All,

My question is not directly related to ASN.1 syntax or rules. It is related to the use of ASN.1 in PSTN , AIN.

Every call in AIN in North America, Europe and Japan results in TCAP protocol messages. These messages are described using ASN.1 and encoded using one of its predefined encoding rules (e.g., The Basic Encoding Rules (BER)).

Different types of vendors have different types of switches. Every switch (using IN TCAP) has its message description written in ASN.1.

I want to know that these message descriptions are the same or different for different switches. I am confused because I think if the switches use the same Capability Set of IN, then their ASN.1 description should be same. On the other hand, since the switches are different their description should also be different.

Please clarify my doubt.

Regards,
Gurpreet.