Hi,

    Ragarding tagging of a SEQUENCE with a COMPONENTS OF clause, the X.680 clause 24.3 states that the transformation w.r.t. the same is performed after the COMPONENTS OF transformation described in clause 24.4. What if the Type refered to by the COMPONENTS OF clause has tagged types, in the sense how is the AUTOMATIC TAGGING transformation compatible/applicable with the tags of the elements after COMPONENTS OF processing. Whats is the effect of the following cases considering the following e.g. -

T ::= SEQUENCE { a Ta, b SEQUENCE { b1 T1, b2 T2, b3 T3}, c Tc }

W ::= SEQUENCE { x Wx, COMPONENTS OF T, y Wy }

  1. If the Type Specified in the COMPONENTS OF clause was in an AUTOMATIC TAGGING environment (W in ATE and T in ATE).
  2. If the Type Specified in the COMPONENTS OF clause was in an non AUTOMATIC TAGGING environment (W in ATE and T in non-ATE).
  3. If W is in non-ATE environment while T is in ATE environment.
    W.r.t. to the 1st case when AUTOMATIC TAGGING transformation is done, I understand that the elements b1, b2, b3 of both W & T have the same tags.

    W.r.t. the 3rd case my understanding is that b1, b2, b3 in T will be subject to the transformation while the same in W will not.

    But in the 2nd case when the transformation is done, are the elements b1, b2 and b3 subject to the transformation when in W? In case the transformation is applicable for elements b1, b2, b3 then how does the tagging algorithm tackle the existing tags. Or, since T is in a non-ATE environment, the same elements are not subject to AT in T.

    I have not covered some other possibilities but I hope the question is clear.

Thanking you.

Yours Sincerely
Ramaswamy

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Synergy Infotech Private Limited and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have
been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended
recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for
delivering the information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any
use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. We have taken
precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we
advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this
message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software
viruses. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this
mail & notify us immediately at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]