Hello all

I'm fairly experienced at Perl and CGI but I am new to ASP. I really like it overall -
its great being able to edit a dynamic page in a GUI editor!

However the scripts are falling over very erratically. With debug level 2 I get
extensive messages about an undefined subroutine in a
(custom) module - except it is _definitely_ there. I've checked exports and they're
all ok - and it works, SOMEtimes!

I have noted earlier posts to this group on this subject but I wasn't 100% sure of the
solution. For example, there was some mention about
requiring a static build of Apache and mod_perl. I have no problem with that but I
don't understand why it would help and don't want to
scrap the current installation until its fairly definitely the problem.

I thought it could be a time/date problem and tried touch on the script or on the PM
files - that would occasionally fix the problem but is
probably just co-incidence.

My configuration:

 - DSO Apache on debian linux
   Apache was _not_ compiled on the box but apache, mod_perl and Apache::ASP were all
downloaded by debians apt-get/dselect
programs. They all run really well most of the time, except for these annoying
failures!

 - StatINC turned on

Really what I want to achieve is:

 - whenever I change an ASP script OR whenever I change one of my local .PM modules, I
want the ASP script to re-compile each and
every time it is invoked by Apache. When the site is into production, this can be
optimized.

I had thought StatINC was what I'm after but now I'm not sure.

Main question:
         - will a static build of Apache/mod_perl (most likely) fix problems where a
compile of an ASP script works one minute and fails the
next?

Secondary question: (not sure if this question will make sense: )

         - is there a way to "clean compiles" out of the system? That is, Apache::ASP
seems to get a particular compiled version of a
script "in its head" sometimes. This is demonstrated by changing the contents of a
script or a PM, pressing 'reload' and seeing the same
stuff come up time and again. This is probably related to the main problem.

Thanks for any help, and sorry about the long post

-Ellers