Hi,

I didn't use nmake to install, I simply downloaded the files via cpan and
copied to the required directories. Then I modified the htaccess files a
little, e.g., defining the tmp directory for bookmarks as PerlSetVar
StateDir c:/Programme/Server/Apache/public/ApacheASP/tmp , and PerlSetVar
StateDir c:/Programme/Server/Apache/public/ApacheASP/tmp/asp_search as well
as PerlSetVar SearchDB
c:/Programme/Server/Apache/public/ApacheASP/tmp/asp_search/search for the
search example and some other minor changes. Now everything works
flawlessly, I just wondered why only the bookmarks example created the tmp
directory , but now, after it had been created, all other examples work too
(using the tmp directory created prior by the bookmarks example), so there's
no need to change the statedir in  makefile.pl, as far as I am concerned.
But maybe for others it would be helpful, in case they get the same problem.
So, as far as I understand, you assumed that the tmp directory was already
there, which is true for Unix, but not true for windows, since the directory
is not /tmp, but c:\windows\temp, there is no standard "tmp" directory in
windows. You could change this in makefile.pl, but then again, windows is
not necessarily installed in c:\windows on every pc. The easiest way is
simply to let everyone edit the htaccess files and to change the statedir to
whatever directory one wants.

The XSLT example works on my pc, after I made the changes described in the
previous email, but I would like to test the Sablotron module. How do I
change the xslt example so that it uses Sablotron or LibXSLT?

Regards,

Gert