Warren Young wrote:
Josh Chamas wrote:

The fix to this is to handle the status/status_line settings internal
to Apache::ASP, and send back an OK to the Apache handler phase,

To me, the proper fix is to get mod_perl to allow you to attach a custom status code to any returned page. Then one's ASP code could generate the custom error page and attach the proper HTTP status code to it.

If you were unable to get some upstream component to let you do this, I wish you'd just extend the API. $Response->{CustomStatus}, for instance. If unset, do the old behavior.

Warren & Quentin,

You both have good points on trying to create an interface that
is backwards compatible with existing functionality.  If I cannot
do so, then the new behavior would be implemented in v3.x Apache::ASP,
but ideally even there it would be able to be unset via a config
of some sort, to restore prior status code behavior.

I will work on this some more later, for now I tabled the issue
and released v2.57 as a maintenance release, leaving the
$Response->{Status} functionality unchanged.

BTW, I rather like the idea of a $Response->{CustomStatus} field
to set, & will keep that in mind as I work on things.

Regards,

Josh