We have completed everything we know to do and still Apache ASP will not
work.  Surely there's a way to run Apache ASP on this server.

Spencer has completely reinstalled my virtual server with perl 5.6.1.  See
below.

Perl -v shows version 5.6.1.  This is the only perl on the server.

I did perl -MCPAN -e shell
Cpan> install Bundle::Apache::ASP

It did not go well.  See the dialog at
http://ptoc.org/register/asp_install.txt

I went ahead and put the lines into httpd.conf and restarted Apache.  It
would not restart.  And no message in error_log

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Steve Brown