Adam Bishop wrote:
Okay, this question is probably blindingly obvious, but...

If I download the mod_perl module and install it, will my server instantly
become asp-enabled (after restarting etc.), or do I need to download
something else?

Install software in this order:

  Apache
  perl
  mod_perl ( depends on perl & Apache )
  Apache::ASP ( depends on mod_perl )

Typical Linux installations already have Apache/perl/mod_perl installed,
all you need to do at that point is install Apache::ASP via directions here:

http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Download%20and86dfc858

If you have Windows, things are easy, just see these directions:

http://www.apache-asp.org/install.html#Win32%20%2F%20Wind784e394f

I misrepresented things somewhat above.  Apache::ASP does not have to
depend on mod_perl being installed, but typically you want to run Apache::ASP
under mod_perl.  You can also run it in CGI mode, for this please see:

http://www.apache-asp.org/cgi.html#Standalone%20Cbddd74cc

Use CGI mode if you cannot make mod_perl work for you, but Apache
does work for you on a unix type system.

Regards,

Josh