k_berov wrote:
Thak you very much!!!
So, if I understood clearly, I have to never disconnect.

But doesn't it mean that i will leave an opened connection
to MySql when Apache is stopped or my application crashes?
My application is just one of the many on the ISP where I am hosted.
Or I am $dbh->ping-ing the same connection?

Doing a disconnect() would be nice of you, since that would free up one MySQL server side connection thread for other customers, but you would have a slight performance benefit from not doing the disconnect since you would not have to connect on each request if your site is very busy. In a shared environment, I would not do the persistent connection & I would disconnect, as you would be a good citizen then.

When Apache is stopped or crashes, a persistent MySQL connection
will automatically end with the apache/mod_perl process that
was connected to it.

Regards,

Josh