From: Andrew Koebrick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 3:31 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: regular expressions on $Response ?

Hoping somebody can offer a suggestion on how best to do my headers and
footers.  I bumped into problems getting Apache::ASP, Apache 2.0 and filters
working.  I was using mod_ext_filter to replace my <body> and </body> tags
(using a simple sed command) with a SSI directive, which in turn pulled in
complex headers and footers.

When I moved to Fedora 3 this scheme started failing.  My options are to move
off of Apache::ASP for my embedded perl (perhaps to Mason), or to try to do the
replaces above in a manner more internal to Apache::ASP.

I have not been using the $Response->AddHeader($name, $value)  because I need
to keep the existing headers from the HTML files (they contain lots of metadata.

So, is there a way to do regular expressions agains the $Resoponse object?
Something akin to (escaping ignored):
$Response =~ s/<body>/<!--#include virtual='/inc/header.inc'-><body>/g

I am not currently using a global.asa file, but I guess I could start if I need
to.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Andrew Koebrick
Andrew Koebrick