Dear fellow developers,

We are currently trying to port our collection of Apache::ASP scripts
from linux/apache to win2K/apache (Why? That's for another thread!).
On linux, everything runs just fine; when run under windows, scripts
execute successfully (ie: HTTP 200, correct debugging info is sent to
logs, etc), but instead of receiving the expected script-generated
client browser.

Dumping the contents of the $Response object to the apache error_log
(by performing a Data::Dumper::Dumper($Response) inside the sub
Script_OnEnd in global.asa) shows that the expected content is
generated within the object - it just never makes it to the client
browser. There is nothing in the server logs that indicates anything
untoward has happened - only the expected script debugging output is
seen. This behaviour is observed even for "hello world"-level ASP
scripts.

Our http.conf has the following (.psp is our "clever" file naming
convention):

 PerlModule Apache::ASP
<Files ~ \.psp>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler Apache::ASP
   PerlSetVar Global c:\www\webroot\web\lib
   PerlSetVar StateDir c:\www\tmp
   PerlSetVar RequestParams 1
   PerlSetVar UseStrict 1
</Files>

We are using Apache::ASP version 2.55,  and the devside v1.14
(http://www.devside.net/) builds of apache/mod_perl (Apache 2.0.52,
mod_perl
1.99_18).

On another point. We're very happy with DevSide's Apache/MySQL/Perl
server
suite, but just wish it had Apache::ASP configured/loaded as standard.
Does anyone know of an alternative that does this?
I'd rather waste my time coding than configuring boxes!!!

Cheers

Steve