Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
Since yesterday, apache keeps spitting stuff like this in its error log:
---snip---
compilation error: file unknown-000437603808 element output
invalid value for method: HTML
---snip---
without further info.
The error message is always like this, with only the ``unknown-XXXXXXXXXXXX'' part different. Comparing this to the access.log doesn't reveal any erred requests, i.e. all entries around that time are 200's or 304's. The lack of a timestamp on the message does not make me very confident about the no-errors part, but this is as far as I could see.

Anyone know who/what might by emitting these messages (google did return something about HTML::FormValidator::Results and HTML::Lint, but I'm not using either) ?

Thanos Chatziathanassiou

Its pretty odd.

The only references to this I find are libxml and libxslt using by XML::LibXML

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=kgF&q=%22compilation+error%3A+file+unknown%22+element+output&btnG=Search

You might be using XSLT functionality with Apache::ASP?  Maybe there
is libxml used in your apache somewhere else?

Regards,

Josh