On 2012-06-05 14:13, Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
With my test cases (provided) I have carefully narrowed down the
inconsistency to Apache::ASP, since everything else is either not
applicable or the same.
Could you be a bit more specific on this ?

Er, not sure how I can be more specific - the test cases are provided in my initial post (http://www.mail-archive.com/asp%40perl.apache.org/msg02662.html), they don't use a database, web server, or browser, so those can easily be eliminated as possible culprits. Ideally, the test cases should speak for themselves.

How does file handling come into play here ? Not that it's relevant but
it works quite the same way as outside of Apache::ASP.

I'm afraid it doesn't, as the test cases clearly demonstrate. Note: It's not "file handling", it's PerlIO, which refers to all I/O, including STDOUT.

Have a look at Text::Iconv, iconv(1), iconv(3) and friends. Also, Encode.

iconv converts text files, not Perl code - that still requires wetware as far as I know. Encode is being used in the test cases, and clearly messes things up in Apache::ASP.