Hi everybody!

I've just downloaded the OEPE (Kepler) and installed m2e and m2e-wtp connectors.
This is how it looks like in my pom file
I found out that under this path: Preferences ->Maven->Lifecycle mappings->Open
workspace lifecycle mapping data there is a preconfigured xml file which says
that maven should ignore the compile goal for AspectJ and I assume that's why
the AspectJ runtime libraries are not added to the project hence the project is
not recognized as an AspectJ project by eclipse.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<lifecycleMappingMetadata>
        <pluginExecutions>
                <pluginExecution>
                        <pluginExecutionFilter>
                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                                <artifactId>aspectj-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <versionRange>1.6</versionRange>
                                <goals>
                                        <goal>compile</goal>
                                </goals>
                        </pluginExecutionFilter>
                        <action>
                                <ignore />
                        </action>
                </pluginExecution>
        </pluginExecutions>
</lifecycleMappingMetadata>

I commented out these lines in the xml file and reloaded it once again.
Now the IDE is going does not ignore AspectJ plugin tag in the lifecycle but
pom file is complaining that it cannot recognize the execution tag.
<plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>aspectj-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.4</version>
        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
                        <artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
                        <version>${aspectj.version}</version>
                </dependency>
        </dependencies>
        <configuration>
                <source>1.6</source>
                <target>1.6</target>
        </configuration>
        <executions>
                <execution>
                        <goals>
                                <goal>compile</goal>
                        </goals>
                </execution>
        </executions>
</plugin>

Using indigo the m2e-wtp was able to recognize the <exectuion> tag for aspectj
plugin and able to add the AspectJ runtime libraries
automatically to the project, though this is not the case in Kepler.  (I think
it is m2e-wtp's job to make an AspectJ project out of the pom but not quite
sure.)

Btw. the how can I make things work like in Indigo??
I know I can right click on the project and convert it to aspect project in
order to solve the problem but I want the IDE and plugins realize from the pom
file that this project needs AspectJ jars.

Any idea?
Cheers.