I note the following question and reply, posted previously on this list:

-----------
On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Mahesh T. Pai wrote:

> How to configure aspell to check  multiple languages in same document?

I'm afraid you can't. It is a long standing feature request that might
get implemented someday. Unfortunately, it is not a straightforward
task.

Still, even if checking multiple languages in the same document remains
too formidable a task at this time, how about getting the spellchecker
to ignore words in a different script? If it would stop underlining all
the English words when I am spellchecking Hindi, that would give
tremendous relief.

So would the algorithm for getting aspell to ignore latin script be
different from getting it to spellcheck multiple languages
simultaneously?