Hi,

On Thu, 22 Aug 2024, bbhtt wrote:

We recently changed the way how we build the GCC compiler for i686 ie. we added the following build options to GCC `--with-cpu=pentium4, --with-tune=generic
--with-fpmath=sse`.

That change seems to have caused an ABI change in `libaspell.so.15`, as shown
below. The ABI diff report is generated using libabigail [1].

It be great to know if this `get_cache_data` actually public API supposed to be consumed by downstream libraries depending on libaspell or something internally used by libaspell only.

Applications should only use the public C API so this should not break anything. The Aspell binary itself uses the internal C++ API so it might need to be recompiled.

Kevin