Title: Anupam'sa Mission
Hi Mayur and Anupam:

>I am sure Mr Anupom Rajkhowa is probably feeling on
>the same lines in respect of the issue he raised.

My apologies to both of you if I hurt your feelings with my responses.

But allow me to explain a couple of things here:

        *** Nothing I say or write here are directed to your or anybody
        else's personnae. I always maintain that we are ALL a whole lot
        more than what we expose of ourselves in these net communications,
        and thus our views do not by any stretch of the imagination,
        define us, positively or negatively.

        *** You young, articulate, educated and passionately-committed
        to-Assam's-welfare-folks ( you would not be in this forum if you
        were not) should not and must not take anything lying down,
        if you have a better or even different perspective on issues.

Just because I made some comments on Anupam's post, it does not make either Anupma's positions pointless, or my comments gospel. But the trick is to learn how to defend your beliefs, explain your positions, persuade others. When we express an opinion in this forum we are submitting it to others' scrutiny, not merely seeking validation. Validation would be nice. But even criticism is enormously beneficial, when they are meaningful and not unfair digs. That is how we learn, become accustomed to evaluating issues critically and objectively, a process we never learnt in schools ,colleges and a societal/cultural environment that we grew up in, where it is a sin to question elders and authority figures, where unquestioning submission to authority passes for patriotism and so forth. But that is not how it should be. Ask, challenge, speak up. That is how we hone our communication skills, an essential tool for our personal growth as well.

I am a knock-down, drag-out, scrappy debater, if you have not noticed :-). And I have honed my skills right here ( well--that is not entirely true, but fairly so :-)). And I credit my esteemed opponents by challenging me, debating me with good and incisive counterpoints, forcing me to do my homework, learning about the issues more. Ultimately it helps ALL of us.

In that you will find that Assamnet  provides an opportunity that is unique
to our people's history. So make use of it. Never take anything lying down, like a good Oxomiya ought not to :-)

Best to you all.

cm