Dear Rini Baidew

Extremely well said about Mahapurush Srimanta
Sankaradeva. I can not agree with you more specially
about the last line that no genius in the world has
been so versatile. It is utter failure on the part of
Assamese people including all of us to propagate his
philosophy to unite all the original inhabitants of
the state irrespective of our caste, creed, community
tribe etc.

Mayur
Chandigarh

--- Rini Kakati <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

---------------------------------

In the wake of 557th birth anniversary of Mahapurusa
Sankaradeva, it remind me of late: Padma Kanta Dutta
(my jethu) the founder of Sankar Jayanti celebration
at London, who came to visit me in August, 1983. He
was the President of Kumar gaon Sankar Mandir at
Tezpur and a devout Vaisnavite. He served all his life
for Sankar Sangha. During his stay he was very
persistent to celebrate Sankar Jayanti Mahotsav in
London. Another well-known and a pious lady, late:
Subhadra Kakati from Sualkuchi, (Dr. Dinesh Kakati's
mother) was also in London at the same time. She was
delighted with the idea of starting a Sankar Sangha at
London and joined in. Late: Khageshsar Saikia, the
secretary of Kumar gaon, Sankar Mandir at Tezpur was
also visiting his daughter in Manchester at the same
time. What a coincidence ! . I saw it as a Guru
blessing in disguise. With Jethu's inspiration and
guidance, I was able to organise 535th birth
anniversary of Srimanta Sankaradeva at Tavistock
Community Hall in Harlesden for the first time with
the help of Assamese community in London. Although the
idea was initially started by me, apparently it became
a joint process of everybody that we are able to
praise our Guru and celebrate Sankar Jayanti every
year in London.

With my head bowed in reverence, I pray to these great
three people and thank them for leading us to the path
of our Guru Mahapurusa Sankaradeva.

Because " The history of the Assamese people, the
history of its national awareness is the life of
Sankaradeva -- he is the pulse of the people". In the
last 555th years none of Sankaradeva's stature has
been born in Assam. Many religious preachers in this
period undoubtedly equals of Sankardeva was their, but
none combine like Sankaradeva. He was the poet, the
philosopher, the musician, the dramatist, the actor
and the producer, the composer of dances, the painter,
the much travelled social reformer and the founder of
the Vaisnavite faith in one. No genius in the world
has been so versatile.

Rini Kakati

You can view the photo by attachment or below. From
the left, Late: Padma Kanta Dutta, founder of Sankar
Jayanti at UK along with his friend Late: Khageshsar
Saikia in 1983