With generous pension funds paid cash=down and our simple lifestyles ,we can build up all the Seniors-care and funeral-service and telecom-picture-phone facility to keep in touch with kinfolk in distant freezing locations.

mm

From:  Malabika Brahma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:  mc mahant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC:  assam@assamnet.org
Subject:  RE: [Assam] Avian Flu and Assam
Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:44:07 +0100 (BST)

The avian flu is non scary as long as it does not mutate and does not jump from human to human.  The moment it starts jumping from human to human (which is only a matter of time, given the dynamics of mutation and the historical evidence), it starts becoming scary.

>>---" . Can we call the birds from cold lands to fly into Clean Assam? Or can we advertize in >>Seniors' journals "Come and die in disease-free  Bodoland in the Himalayan foothills of >>Assam. We will look after you like our Granpas and Granmas for only a fixed once-off >>Retirement fund"?

Now that what I would call lateral thinking. But we should not forget to mention the drawbacks -- "Come and die disease-free"  in a land where there is no medical set up worthy to speak of.

mc mahant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Virology-Avian--mechanisms of spreading.

As an engineer and hence -not at all knowledgeable on the subject I would meekly point out the fact that nothing spectacular has been reported worldwide till date.

May be the strain repoted -by an English Lab-assuming they are correct- of a few found attacked in Rumania and Turkey  IS THE SAME as  that of the one one reported by Vietnam/China/Russia .

That still does not confirm of contagious spread. Look at the maps on bird migration. These lands  are not on the path.

And winter migration to Assam peaks around late November. So the last word has not been said.

Hopefully Assam is spared this time round. Can we then take credit for something like"See our environment is pollution free---" . Can we call the birds from cold lands to fly into Clean Assam? Or can we advertize in Seniors' journals "Come and die in disease-free  Bodoland in the Himalayan foothills of Assam. We will look after you like our Granpas and Granmas for only a fixed once-off Retirement fund"? I always thought this a real possibility to keep the naturally hospitable  and healthy Bodo villagers busy with a healthcare industry.

mm