Hi Mayur:

>you can give a thought to RB's suggestion.

*** Which suggestion Mayur?

A: "Use English in the interaction with India" ?.

*** That is a good idea Mayur. I will keep that in mind. Rajen surely
scored big with this idea.

>B: > you should go and spend some
>  real time in Assam to know and face the reality.

***  That is a good idea too.  I will think of it. And via Bangkok
sounds like another good idea too. Have not been thru Thailand since
1970.

But just so you folks who think I am out of touch with Assam, are
up-to-date with things; I have been there three times in the last two
years. That is not to suggest I am on top of the goings on in Assam,
particularly when 'Assam' is not defined. The definition is important
because, to most folks here in Assamnet,  the image of Assam is what
they grew up in---mostly middle class folks from Guwahati, or a few
privileged elite and "important" people from the hinterland, whose
image of Assam is that of a safe ,predictable environment with
economic security, guaranteed mostly by a 'sorcar' running on
handouts from the mai-baap from Delhi.

That is a skewed view of Assam, if you asked me. And I have a far
better knowledge of  Assam than  those I describe above.

C: I am looking forward to seeing Rajen's explanations on his
"so-called Assamese" and the short-shrift given by the ULFA to their
partners who are not Assamese, or whatever else he might have alluded
to.

But in case Rajen cannot muster the courage to explain what he was
attempting to suggest; as one who seems to be in tune with what he
meant, perhaps YOU will be kind enough to enlighten us, with
reference to context.

cm  :-)